Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Windows Share Problem

From: "Rick Loran - SERVER4YOU, Inc." <rloran () server4you com>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 21:16:58 +0300

Ok how is this supposed to happen ... no admin to grant the access ...
if you grant access to someone (even my most trusted friend) on one of my servers that i cannot access at the moment i will really do something very nasty to you and do it for real. I mean on your head/hands/legs etc. you get the point.

indianz () indianz ch wrote:

Hi List

Is it possible, in a win2K-Environment (nt4-compatibility-mode is on) without active-directory or domain, to grant users a network share on the server which an admin (external it-company with remote access) cannot see or has access to?
Thanx in advance.

kind regards,

IndianZ

--