Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: aretzj.exe -- reappearing unknown system file

From: <systemcracker () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 13:29:29 +0100

sounds like a randomly named executable; hence no entry in search engines...

have you tried sysinternal's autoruns and process explorer?
(http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/autoruns.shtml) &
(http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml)

they are very good for finding spyware and 'unusual' programs running
on your system.

try uploading the program to my exe-investigator (or sending me a
copy, but rename the extension as gMail won't allow exe attachments);
it searches through a file for all sorts of readable strings
(http://www.puremango.co.uk/extract_readable.php)