Security Basics mailing list archives

Firewall rules standards

From: "Tran, Nhon" <Nhon.Tran () logicacmg com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:11:57 +1000

Hi all
I support a number of customers using a number of different firewalls, and I
was wondering if anyone has any guidelines for the presentation firewall
rules or any firewall conventions when it comes to documenting the rules.
Ie name conventions for groups or services, or rules for the creation of
groups. Or the description of a rule
I know this would be hard and vary from administrator to administrator but I
was wondering if there is some sort of standard? My goal is to reduce the
amount of rules and make them readable.
Thanks
Nhon

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary
material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to,
retained or used by, any other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and
any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you.