Security Basics mailing list archives

Wireless Keyboards

From: <Sean () ISSuperstore com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:33:27 +0000

We have tried this before when a client asked us about the risks.
The answer is yes it can be done very easily, The good news is, It is very hard to conceal what you are doing.
You practically have to be standing over your intended victim to pick up the transmission via either infra red or
wireless, Unless of course your just very lucky.

no doubt someone will find a way to intercept these communications though in a more discreet way.

at the moment, wireless keyboards are still banned in our office

Sean Kelly
I.S.S  Information Security Superstore Ltd

T: 0870 050 3572
F: 0870 050 3573
E: Sean () ISSuperstore com
W: www.ISSuperstore.com