Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Is Dynamic WEP Secure Enough?

From: "Jon Smith" <like2hax () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 01:59:09 +0000

So if I follow the thread, WEP is OK ... j/k.

Upon further digging with my staff, we have very few wireless devices even on that network. Therefore scrapping them won't hurt as much as I thought. Mr. Martin's last post does raise a question; how fast can you rotate keys? Why not every 3 minutes? I assume overhead would be a problem.

Lastly, my preferred solution is Trapeze Networks. There system seems very slick with the multiple security systems I need. The next closest was Extreme Networks, but they don't seem to be as advanced. Plus we have all their switches and the APs are same fruity purple. The questions is, has anybody had any experience with Trapeze (good or bad), they seem to be newer company. Any intel would be awesome.

Thanks

Rocko