Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Security Certifications

From: dallas jordan <dallas.jordan () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:22:27 -0500

Mike,
   I have gotten both the Security+ and the CISSP certs.  When I was
looking to get into the security field, I decided to get the Security+
first since it seemed to be sort of an "entry level" security cert.  I
think that was a good decision.  It was a great stepping stone towards
the knowledge you'll need for the CISSP.  And since you dont have the
experience needed for the CISSP yet, I think Security+ is a good
intro.