Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: 543.rar attachment

From: <adisegna () siscocorp com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:49:16 -0500

Sean, I have to disagree with you. Any file that that can encapsulate an
executable file should be blocked (IMO). ZIP files are one of the
biggest carriers of malicious content these days. I don't make it a
habbit of trusting my users no matter how many times they get trained.
RAR extraction tools are not part of the software image policy on my
network so users are oblivious to the file blocking. What is your
solution?

Thanks

AD
Information Technology Group
Security Identification Systems Corporation