Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Career Choice

From: "Depp, Dennis M." <deppdm () ornl gov>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 06:54:34 -0500

While a background in Unix administration is nice, don't forget Windows.
Many corporate enterprises run on Windows.  You need a very good
understanding of TCP/IP.  This should include well known ports as well
as some ability to read packet information.  One way to get into
security is to get into a Sys Admin role and really focus on the
security aspects of this role.

Dennis