Security Basics mailing list archives

ANTIVIRUS and FIREWALL leaders?

From: "Alexis Villagra - VILSOL LatinAmerica" <alexis () vilsol com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:07:11 -0500

Dear List,

Where can we get information about the best ANTIVIRUS and FIREWALLs in the
market, not the ones with most marketing, the ones with the best feautures.
I mean I would like to have independent reports, also comes the question
which reports are independent that we can trust, as you know many vendors
pay to be evaluated to some of these companies that do research and
publications.
I hope not to disturb anybody, but i really would like to know with your
help which vendors offer the best technologies, i am very interested to have
reports that validate and offer a ranking for ANTIVIRUS & FIREWALL vendors.

As a list of people who share knowledge and technology I think that this
information could be very helpful for all of us but I want to emphatize that
we must be very careful to validate that reports and companies that create
these are 100% independent or at least near that.

Best regards,
Alexis Villagra