Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Null Terminated Strings

From: "Prashant Meswani" <prashant.meswani () ukonline co uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:01:03 +0100

When it comes to root kits, from what I understand, it would be next to
impossible to remove. The best solution would be to reinstall the OS from
scratch (including formatting the hard drive) as I am led to believe that
this is the only way to get rid of a rootkit.

Regards,

Prashant.

The opinions expressed in this email are those of my own and does not
represent those of any organisation or associations to which I belong to
unless stated otherwise.