Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Restricting Incoming Email in Exchange by From Address

From: "L. Walker" <lwalker () magi net au>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 19:57:19 +1000

I think what he may mean is that he has an Exchange box setup inside his
LAN, with an Internet-facing side as well, and that he wants to force users
inside his organisation to utilise OWA...

A better approach would be to instruct your firewall's ACL to block port
110/tcp completely..   As for OWA via VPN, why not just HTTPS?  Less hassle,
less software configuration per client-side.

(Maybe I've got it all wrong :P)

 - L. Walker