Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Faking OS fingerprinting in Windows

From: "Matt Stovall" <mstovall () charlestonforge com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 09:38:54 -0400

I know that there are some host based firewalls that give this
functionality.

Take a look at Sygate Personal Firewall Pro it has a check box for
enabling OS fingerprint masquerading.  Tiny Personal Firewall may also
have this feature (I can't remember).

Hope that helps,

Matt Stovall
Charleston Forge