Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Network Related Tools

From: Henry A <ivanhec () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 09:57:48 +1000

to answer your first question, you can't go past

http://www.nagios.org/

cheers
Ivan

On 7/4/05, Nuno Carvalho <n.carvalho () iol pt> wrote:
Hy,

I'm looking for 2 network-related tools.

1) a Network monitor SNMP capable, with a nice GUI interface.
The all point is to have a tool that helps me watching the status of the
network (routers, switch, servers, gateways, etc).

2) a Switch/Router configurator - I don't know if this tool exist.
I'm looking for a tool that (1) discover all switch/router in my LAN and
(2)adding "plug-ins", give me chance to config switch/routers, no matter
the manufacter (3COM, IBM, Cisco, etc)

I'm first looking for OpenSource Software running on Windows SO.
Linux OS is an option, paying for software, not for now.

Cheers,
Nuno Carvalho