Security Basics mailing list archives

log analysis research

From: 345345 () gmail com
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 22:33:03 -0300

Hello All,

I am doing a research for my Bachelor Final Work and I would like to ask you some things about log analysis. Basically, in this work I am writing, I am trying to find a way of doing log analysis on a more efficient and safe basis: - Efficient: trying to shorten the time sysadmins put (or should put) on log analysing, i.e. I am trying to use some techniques from other fields of knowledge, e.g. artificial intelligence, for helping improve the process of log analysis. - Safe: using this techniques cannot hide any security relevant events of create any side effect for using those techniques.

I ask you: Is someone doing something similar? If so, would you point me some links of describe the ideas from your projects?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Jasho Mendinka.