Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: DOMAIN CONTROLLER STOLEN...WHAT NEXT?

From: Sean Earp <smearp () mac com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 13:42:50 -0700

Jumping on this thread a little late, but Microsoft provides some guidance on this issue here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C0DBEB7E-D476-4498-9F6C-24974FB81F1E&displaylang=en

Amongst the issues covered are:

Chapter 3: Recovering from Active Directory Attacks
Recovering from the Physical Breach of a Domain Controller
Recovering from a Rogue Administrator Attack
Recovering from Catastrophic Forest-wide Corruption
Recovering from Data Tampering by Restoring Active Directory Data
Recovering from a Rogue Object Flood Attack
Recovering from an Object Growth Attack
Recommendations: Recovering from Active Directory Attacks

Hope this helps!

-Sean