Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: N00b Question

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:55:27 -0800

  Paradoxically, this makes them IDEAL in a college setting, where there
are services that you *can't* block (but have to ensure that they don't
crowd out everything else on the network).  If it doesn't work, you have
to fix it -- but if it just works *slowly*, people will find something else
to do that doesn't chew up bandwidth.

Dave Gillett