Security Basics mailing list archives

Tool or Service to recover lost NTFS partition/data

From: Ismael Gonzalez <wortos () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 09:51:59 -0400

Hi list,

First, happy new year.

Second, I am in the urgent (read: desperate) need to recover a lost
partition from a NTFS physical drive. There has not been any format
since I figured out the mistake before that. The partition was lost
during the repair of a virus attack with the FIXMBR and FIXPART tools.

I tried some freeware products to no avail. Considering, seriously
considering, commercial products but I dont want to spend every dollar
looking for the one that will recover the whole partition/partition
table.

In particular, Im looking to recover a zip file more than a 1.5GB in size.

Useful notes:

After partition was lost I have not repartitioned the drive and
therefore have not format it.

Thanks for your help.

--
Ismael Gonzalez