Security Basics mailing list archives

ssh key problem

From: Thomas Reinhold <mail () thomasreinhold de>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 16:12:41 +0100

Hi everybody,

I've got a little problem with my ssh authentication. I'm using RSA based key authentication when logging on to remote machines via open ssh (on Debian Sarge).

Everything is working fine, but now after having put my keys on a usb-stick the ssh-client doesn't accept them anymore due to bad file permissions (not restrictive enough). I can change those permissions while the usb device is mounted, but after remounting they are set back to the old state.

Is there any way to tell the ssh-client to ignore those file-permissions?

Thanks,

    Thomas Reinhold