Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Apache attacks

From: Ty Bodell <tebodell () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:55:55 -0600

Kenny--
Checkout http://www.apachesecurity.net Ivan Ristic has some script
listed for exactly that and a package with the tools you can download.
 Lookout for the book too :-)

Goodluck,
Ty Bodell

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 20:56:52 +0000, Kenny <kenny () codez co uk> wrote:
Hi List,

Long time reader, first time poster...

My server crashed yesturday and I had to restart it, to get it going
again. Now everything seems ok, however looking at my
/var/log/httpd/access_log.1 shows a visitor to the website posting some
big chunks of exploit code (containing a massive nop sled).
How do I know if this attacker actually got in or not?

This is a redhat fedora core 2 box, and I would describe myself as an
"intermediate" linux user.

Also, has anyone got any scripts that can detect attacks against apache
and ban the ip for a period of time?

I will post the exploit on request.

Thanks, Kenny