Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: IIS6 Security and other web servers

From: "Joe Polk" <listuser () javelinux com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:58:12 -0400

The reason Apache has more security alerts is the same reason Windows has more
security alerts than Linux. Apache has 60-68% of the webserver market. They
are ubiquitous, to an extent, as Windows is on the desktop. There are not as
many 'Net-facing servers running IIS6 or even previous editions. Yes, there
are some, but if you're writing exploits you generally go for what's there.

--
<<JAV>>