Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: tool for mount a dd image

From: Arnvid Karstad <arnvid () isd no>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:17:14 +0100

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 15:35, routerg wrote:
Are you sure you have NT filesystems compiled into your kernel?

I think what they asked of is a way to mount dd disk images in Windows, not
the other way around. I have never yet seen a way to this, DaemonTool's only
work since it's made to read DVDFS/CDFS/ISO filesystems, but it has no
knowledge of fs structures like ntfs or similar.

Using the linux way of mount -o loop /path/to/dd-file /mnt/point should have
been supported in a big commercial OS like windows but what can you say ;)
it's MS

- A -