Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Help with SPAM blocking

From: Ned Fleming <ned () kaw us>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:48:43 -0600

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:38:25 -0800, "Dan Lynch"
<dan.lynch () placer ca gov> wrote:

[snip]

First, I'm still looking for a good technical explanation of how
Realtime Blackhole Lists (RBLs) work. Many references have specific
implementation details (the syntax of the sendmail config lines, etc),
but not the overview of RBL technology. The overviews I have found are
too generic and mail-recipient/end-user oriented to be of much use.

Behold! All your questions are answered here:

        http://www.dnsbl.com/

If they're not, you can ask again here and I will try to answer them.