Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Remote Desktop vs VPN on Windows 2003

From: "Roger A. Grimes" <roger () banneretcs com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:46:55 -0500

RDP's be around since Microsoft bought the Terminal Server technology
from Citrix...was that 1997 or 1998...product was code-named Hydra then.
They made RDP because they didn't get ICA from Citrix.

Odds are that if RDP had an active hack, it would be publicly known.
I'm quite familiar with the bug reporting to MS and you can report bugs
without abiding to any EULA.  It's your choice.  It's not as if they can
stop you from sending an email to secure () microsoft com and reporting on
the bug any way you want.  Many people report the bug to Bugtraq, not
MS.

How many bugs exist in SSH that you don't of?  It's an unanswerable
question on both sides.