Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Data security

From: "dave kleiman" <dave () isecureu com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:02:43 -0500

Thiago,

I think you will find:
http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/
http://keepass.sourceforge.net/
Both very helpful.

On the commercial side
http://www.securstar.com/products_drivecrypt.php?XCARTSESSID=9009f9af221c950
eb85d59ece5acf550

At $59 it is top notch.  You can make and store containers of any
practically any size, as well as encrypt an entire partition if you so
choose.

Dave Kleiman, CISSP, ISSMP, CISM, CIFI, MCSE

www.SecurityBreachResponse.com

I have some information (ips/logins/passwords) that I want to be
stored securely.

However I have 5 other users in my local network that should be able
to read those infos.

There's any tool that can help me to store this info securely and
only let users extract those infos using a password or maybe an
certificate?
I want to be able to grant/revoke permissions to some fields or info.

Looking for opensource or commercial solutions.

Regards
Thiago.