Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Stack Overflow

From: lists <lists () innocence-lost net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:50:18 -0700 (MST)

I am hardly a java expert myself, however in _theory_ a buffer overflow is
possible in any language (assuming the underlying chip's instruction set
doesnt do bounds checking), however AFAIK it would require a bug of sorts
in the jvm to bypass its checks so that you could write more data than
was allocated.

So in short, possible yes, probable no.

--

There are only two choices in life. You either conform the truth to your desire,
or you conform your desire to the truth. Which choice are you making?