Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Need secure firewall for SOHO

From: "James D. Fryman" <James () credcontrol com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 12:58:18 -0500

If I'm not correct, he's looking for more available slots for port forwarding.

Here may be a silly idea, depending on the model Linksys, going out and getting modified firmware running Linux. iptables at your fingers, with minimal hardware costs. I've had minimal experience with this, but it seems like a good solution if he's happy with the linksys product as of yet, just out of available config options.

Cheers!
-James

Ghaith Nasrawi wrote:
why doesn't he connect a switch to one of the Linksys LAN ethernet
ports? Thus, you get more available ports to be used!