Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Programming

From: dayz () planet nl
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 13:33:05 +0100

Everyone thanks for your help!

It seems best for me if I start with a programming language that doesn't
allow typo too much, like for example ADA95. I sometimes have this
problem a bit on the command line and when writing shell scripts.

Would Perl be a good start for me in this case? I am considering
starting with Perl after which I would like to learn C. If it's better
to start with another programming language in my case, like ADA95, it
would be good if it wouldn't take a long time to learn it or the
knowledge acquired from that could be well applied to Perl.

What are your reccommendations on this? Is starting Perl appropriate in
my case, or at which other programming language should I take a look at
before I begin with Perl?

Thanks again. I appreciate your response.

Ben Boomsma