Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: GoToMyPC

From: "Danny Puckett" <dpuckett () comresource com>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 06:30:43 -0500

I have used this and yes it does work and yes I consider it a security risk as the 'bounce' server is owned by a third party. If you want to use this technology I would take a look at something like echoVNC http://echovnc.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/1.html (openSource) or the commercial version EchoAgent http://www.echogent.com/ which allows you to manage your own server and manage how you can connect to it like enforcing approved encryption.