Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: IE issues

From: "Kirk Brady" <Kirk.Brady () TeachersHealth com au>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:15:30 +1000

Hi Artie

You *COULD* run IE in a terminal server session, and by setting up the connection to open that program (iexplore.exe)
upon start-up, the users also do not get a class shell (ie can be used to do many of the things normal explorer can
unfortunately). You can lock IE down on the TS though via gpo's and local policies. You can also specify to your
proxyserver (depending on what you run of course) that it is to only allow connections from your TS machine designated
for web use. And while you can pass on auth to the next ts session, this whole approach just makes it a bit...unwieldy
i suppose, for end users. Definately doable though.

HTH
Kirk Brady