Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Hardening Solaris 10

From: Tom Rhodes <trhodes () FreeBSD org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 19:33:01 -0400

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 13:29:31 -0500
"James McEachern" <james.mceachern.qa5a () statefarm com> wrote:

Hello

I am looking to upgrade my Solaris box from 9 to 10. I have yet to find
a comprehensive "Hardening" white paper on the subject. All kinds for 8,
9 but none for comprehensive 10. I have the BigAdmin portal page and the
numerous docs on containers/zones in Solaris 10 and was wondering if
anyone knew of a good document out there to act as a starting point fro
Solaris 10 Hardening. The box is used as an NIDS and a squid proxy that
sits behind a hardware based firewall. Running it on x86 and not sparc
code.

http://www.cisecurity.org

--
Tom Rhodes