Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: toolkits

From: H Carvey <keydet89 () yahoo com>
Date: 24 Apr 2005 04:42:56 -0000

B) would anyone know of such toolkits for Windows.

Specifically, what are you looking for?  You've used several buzzwords in your post...

For host-based vulnerability scanning, you might start w/ MBSA.  I've used Perl-based tools to collect additional
vulnerability information in the past.

For checksums, Tripwire, or Perl scripts using Jesse Kornblum's *deep tools would easily meet your needs.

To check for rootkits, SysInternals released Rootkit Revealer.  Also, I presented a Perl script called rkd.pl in my
book that may be of use to you.

H. Carvey
"Windows Forensics and Incident Recovery"
http://www.windows-ir.com
http://windowsir.blogspot.com