Security Basics mailing list archives

file encryption concerns

From: "tito.basa" <mochafrap () mix ph>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 17:55:02 +0800

guys,

can you recommend a file encryption batch processing?
I needed to encrypt records in text files stored on a server
for clients to download. We're currently using weak
password protected ZIP files perforemd by a script

system may be on Windows or Linux...128 key bits at least
symmetric or public key that can work on command
line and GUI (end-users may not be technical)

been looking at GnuPG as it has both GUI (rather old
WPT) and command line. PGP has the desktop
while the PGP Command line product is not
suited to my requirements since it's not server to server
communications

I can also go for symmetric encryption also where every
client has to provide us the key to encrypt and decrypt
the files. Procedures and key management will also
be considered

any help would be much appreciated

salamat

tito