Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Question about "guaranteed delivery"

From: "Michael Bellears" <MBellears () staff datafx com au>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 10:23:51 +1000

I was thinking. It must be possible to place a box in the DMZ
that receives ALL SMTP messages inbound, does content
scanning/decryption, sends the message to the same kind of
box in the BE, checks if the message came through and then
delivers the message to the endpoint.

Have you looked at Barracuda Devices (http://www.barracudanetworks.com/)

They perform Anti-Spam/Anti-Virus/Content Filtering etc -  We have
implemented a 400 Series recently, and have been very pleased with it's
performance, and ease of administration/configuration.

Regards,
MB

Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes
are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills of
a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind by
fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of computer
crime and abuse so that it never happens again.

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/computer_forensics_training.html