Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Password Protection

From: "tito.basa" <mochafrap () mix ph>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:53:49 +0800

Michael wrote:

Hi,

I'm keeping a watch on the List for short time. And I have a
question : What are the techniques to protect a password from being
keylogged without any Anti-Keylogging Software.

I thought of virtual keyboards, and other non-keyboard techniques but
modern keyloggers can take screenshots too. So It's useless.
hmmm...my usual headache are those keyloggers installed on public Internet cafes here...
i had an internal developer make a site for us to use an on-screen keyboard
without mouse clicks. Effective against 'keyloggers' taking screenshots of
every mouse click but not against people watching your back  :)

but a combination of keyboard and the on-screen one does the trick
aside from anti-keylogger software installed.
Best way is to educate our clients on how to avoid keyloggers installed
in the first place.

:)