Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: nc help needed.

From: Forrest Rae <fbr () 14x net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 09:15:06 -0500

Vijay,

You might want to look into something like PsTools from Sysinternals for
executing commands on a remote Windows host.

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/pstools.shtml

Netcat won't execute cmd.exe on any remote Windows host from a local host.
You would need to have Netcat on the remote host and run it like so:

nc -v -l -e cmd.exe -p 12345

Then from you're local host, execute the command:

telnet REMOTE_HOST 12345

Also, binding to port 139 won't work as Windows already uses that port for
NetBIOS related activities.

-Forrest