Security Basics mailing list archives

Lost mail on security-basics today

From: Kelly Martin <kel () securityfocus com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:43:16 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Everyone,

One of our mail admins made a big mistake today and we lost all the mail
on one of the outgoing SecurityFocus mail servers... all of our 31 mailing
lists were affected including this one. Since I moderated everything in
the queue (about 25 messages) this morning, it's impossible to know if all
the approved mail made it out or not. We have multiple outgoing mail
servers, so some messages sent to this list made it out, while others did
not.

If you sent a message to security-basics yesterday or today, perhaps in
response to an ongoing thread, could you please check our web archive
(http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/105) to see if your message made it,
and if not please resend.

Sincere apologies, but these things happen.

And to Unix administrators everywhere, please remember that 'sudo' is your
friend, education is key, and that playing around with production machines
as 'root' is a very bad way to learn from your mistakes.

Best regards,
Moderator

--8<--cut here---8<---
Kelly Martin kel () securityfocus com http://www.SecurityFocus.com
SecurityFocus Infocus - content editor ph+001 (403) 261-5468

Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes
are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills of
a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind by
fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of computer
crime and abuse so that it never happens again.

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/computer_forensics_training.html