Security Basics mailing list archives

exporting file-system ACLS to new domain ...( Win Domain)

From: Strcpy <elite_netbios () yahoo com>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 06:49:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi list ,

first of all I should say I`m pretty sorry cus of my
poor English , just be patient and read it ... :)

We have a domain , contaning a file-server .
becase of some reasons we decided to build a new
domain
and also upgrade to win 2k3 . to save some time ,
we decided to import userd from old domain to new one.
we made a trust and it happened ...
now about file-server.
our file-server contains many sup-folders ,each one
defined for specific users/groups .
we also decided to rebuild the file-server on new
domain.

but as you know , if you just copy the shared folder
from it`s original physical location or cross network
,
permitions and ACLs will loss.

now ,
is there anyway to query these ACLS , then
apply these old ACLS to new file-server ?

to make sure you understand me ,
we want to have same folder stracture and system
but on new server in new domian. sure the new domin
have trust to old one .
how can we export old file-server ACLs , and apply
(import) them to new file-server ?

sorry for long post.

regards