Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Anyone know any good Assembly Language tutorials?

From: John Fastabend <jfastabe () up edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:19:01 -0700 (PDT)

LeBleu,

I am by no means an expert, but I read The Shellcoder's Handbook: Discovering and Exploiting Security Holes (ISBN 0-7645-4468-3) and thought it was a very good book. It explains all sorts of overflows for unix and windows. It also had a little disassembly information in it. If you don't know assembly though you'll probably need to have an assembly book nearby because there are a lot of code examples in assembly. Also phrack.org has a lot of articles that are interesting. hope this helps

/john