Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Group policy help

From: Kirk Schafer <infosec-capital () rainswept com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:29:17 -0500

I believe the key mentioned by Arthur DiSegna is correct (see http://is-it-true.org/nt/registry/rtips46.shtml). Furthermore, you can define your own group policy...I was looking around at Microsoft, and found this:

 How to create Custom Administrative Templates in Windows 2000
 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323639

and it looks like this gives you as much information as you need.

Finally, this article isn't the exact answer to your question, but it may also help:
 How to Implement a Policy to set the Date format

Best,
Kirk

Peter Rodger wrote:

Hi, all

Due to security concern, we enforce that users can not change system time. But somehow lots of users do not check the daylight savings box. Is there a way that we can check daylight savings box
through group policy or script?
Thanks,

Peter