Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Tutorial on writing to Registry

From: "Hunt, Jim" <Jim.Hunt () nwsc k12 in us>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:31:51 -0500

You might consider running a vbs script instead.  Here is one I run on
logon that resets the default homepage back to ours.  (Even with a group
policy, sometimes the homepage gets reset anyway by a website.)

Dim WSHShell, RegLocate, RegLocate1
Set WSHShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
On Error Resume Next
RegLocate = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Main\Start Page"

WSHShell.RegWrite RegLocate,"http:\\intranet.nwsc.k12.in.us","REG_SZ"

WScript.Quit

Excellent reference website -