Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: studying guide/book for CISSP

From: Penetration Test <penetration.test () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 17:11:40 +0800

Hi All,

I read the official guide of CISSP and CISA and have the exam passed.
Hope it helps.

<<penetration d.o.t test **AT** gmail d.o.t com>>
CCA, MCP, MCP+I, MCSE, MCSE+I, MCDBA,
NETWORK+, CCNA, CCNP,  HPCITP, HPCS,
IBMCS, SCSA, OCP, CISSP, CISA

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:47:43 +0530, Kiran Maraju @isac.ernet.in
<kiran () isac ernet in> wrote:

Dear Jason,

I am planning to take "CISA" in next year. can you suggest good material sources
to pass that exam. what are the books i have to follow ? can you tell me the
Tips to aim for that exam.

 Regards,
 Kiran Maraju , CISSP

 ISRO Satellite Centre,
 Airport Road,
 Bangalore-560017.

Quoting jayson () bombardier com:

Mark,

Most of the general 'study' and 'prep' books will serve you well and the
training session should fill in whatever gaps remain, so don't stress too
much about which book(s) to read.  One set you definitely need to have in
your personal library are the 'Information Security Management Handbook'
(both volumes) by Tipton & Krause.  If you're working in an environment
where you may have to do mainframe work, then you should try to get your
hands on the original 'Information Security Management Handbook'.  It is
one volume has a grey cover and was printed in 1993.  I managed to get one
at a used book sale a couple of years ago.

Keep in mind that the CISSP exam is geared to test your knowledge, not what
you have remembered.  There are some questions that are clear giveaways,
others clearly have two correct answers, and this is where the real test
lies.  You have to figure out which is the 'most' correct, the best way to
do this is to read each question carefully, underline the key words.  Some
questions will use double negatives.

If you have been working in computer/networking/security for several years
and read many of the regular trade rags you should do well enough to pass.

Good luck!

Jayson Agagnier, CISSP, CISA, CIFI
Bombardier Aerospace