Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: radius+ wireless

From: "M. Shirk" <shirkdog_linux () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 08:44:28 -0500

-----Original Message-----
Thanks for your answers. I'll investigate in google.
But i'm still thinking on something: Suppose somebody cracks my WEP
key, and he clones his mac address and ip address; How could the
access point distingish one pc from another? i mean if my customer is
checking his mail, and the cracker is trying to download something,
and both are comunicating to port 80, how would the information find a
way to go to the right device?

Here is an example about how things could go wrong in this situtation. Airpwn was used at Defcon with interesting results. This is a wireless injection tool to capture
requests and inject whatever you want as a response. To quote the site,
"Airpwn is a platform for injection of application layer data on an 802.11b network"

http://www.evilscheme.org/defcon/

Shirkdog
http://www.shirkdog.us