Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: monitoring utility

From: Dan Candea <dan.candea () e-bizz ro>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:55:27 +0200

Viktorija Almazova said the following on 11/16/04 08:02:
| Thank you to all who answered me.
| I will try Nagios. It seems pretty :)
| Thank you again.

you can try
http://freshmeat.net/projects/bbstatus/

BBStatus is an IP accounting package and an SNMP and IP monitoring tool
for Linux. It collects, summarizes, and displays the values from its
database. It can be used for IP accounting (allows you to design various
kinds of accounting filters), SNMP monitoring (collects data making SNMP
requests), ICMP monitoring (stores and summarizes values like min, avg,
max reply time, and packet loss), and client traffic filtering (using
various types of filters). It also provides user based access so that
every user can log in and visualize various data (depending on access
rights). It requires PostgreSQL, Apache with mod_auth_pgsql,
Perl(Net::SNMP), and RRDTool.

| Viktorija
|

| On Friday 12 November 2004 22:30, Stephane Auger wrote:
|
|>It's not Open Source, but I've used something called OpManager and it
|>does the job pretty well.  Also, if your UNIX servers use SNMP you could
|>probably find a number of open source apps using SNMP Gets to read the
|>status of the services...
|>

|>Stephane Auger

- --
Dan Candea