Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: VPN overkill?

From: "Ted A" <arcturous () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 02:32:01 +0000

You're right about the details. How incredibly stupid of me.
The setup is pretty basic. It's going to be used for after hours backup uploads, and day time file access. Nothing too intensive. Roughly 10 people at the remote site, not more than 2 or 3 accessing resources on the central server at a given time. Yes there will be servers on both ends.
There will not be any remote application usage.
It's the base of the basics.

From the initial planning it looks like the baseline bandwidth will be a T1.

The basic setup is:
Remote Lan