Security Basics mailing list archives

Moderators note: lists.securityfocus.com vs. securityfocus.com

From: Kelly Martin <kel () securityfocus com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 11:08:38 -0600 (MDT)

I have noticed that many of the new threads on Security-Basics have been
addressed to security-basics () lists securityfocus com. Please note that
'lists.' is optional and not required. To save some typing, and to not
break many people's inbound filters, you can simply address your message
to security-basics () securityfocus com.

As a side note, if you posted a message on Friday and received many bounce
notifications over the weekend from one offending user on this list, I
have addressed the issue. I've not only removed the user/domain from the
list this morning, but emailed the offending postmaster. I received a
quick apology from the postmaster, apparently a trainee setup their
Exchange 2003 server last week and they did not test it properly. Yet
another reason to install software in a *lab environment* before it's put
on the big bad Internet. :)

Finally: once again, the never-ending battle against out-of-office replies
means that if I receive an out of office response from you, you will be
deleted from the list. This is for the benefit of everyone else.

Regards,
Moderator

--8<--cut here---8<---
Kelly Martin kel () securityfocus com http://www.SecurityFocus.com
SecurityFocus Infocus - content editor ph+001 (403) 261-5468

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html