Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Windows SUS

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <bugtraq () planetcobalt net>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 15:50:26 +0200

On 2004-05-05 hartmann () thestar com my wrote:
well... I had done all that and the SUS is running on client as
expected. The only problem is that when it comes to the time to
install, It prompt the user whether to install the downloaded patches
now or later. I would like to have it installed automatically at the
background without any user interaction.
I push it through the AD group policy.

Have you set the appropriate policies described in the SUS Deployment
White Paper (section "Configuring the Automatic Updates client
software")?

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/sus/susdeployment.mspx

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html