Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: INSTALLING MYSQL PHP

From: Kelly Martin <kel () securityfocus com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 12:54:57 -0600 (MDT)

Jason,

Securing Apache: Step-by-Step
http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1694

Securing PHP: Step-by-Step
http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1706

Securing MySQL: step-by-step
http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1726

The target system in these articles is FreeBSD, but the process for
compiling and chrooting them on Linux is almost identical. This is the
Right Way (tm) to do it, in my opinion, although there are many ways to
install the above. You would do well to learn these steps instead of
installing pre-made packages, in my opinion. At least, if you're concerned
about security at all, that is.

--8<--cut here---8<---
Kelly Martin kel () securityfocus com http://www.SecurityFocus.com
SecurityFocus Infocus - content editor ph+001 (403) 261-5468