Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Must-Have Administration Tools?

From: "Raphael Pereira" <rpereira () onesec com br>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 18:51:19 -0300

Hi Andrew,

You can use a Linux System with VMWare. Put your FreeBSD machine in a
virtual vmware machine of VMware, and make a copy backup of this machine
files in your linux file system. You can run IDS and other tools in your
linux machine to capture the network traffic and if you have some problems
with your FreeBSD machine, just remove or rename the problem machine files
and copy your FreeBSD backup files to the system.

You can use firewall rules to protect your linux system or don't set IP
Address to system. You can use Windows in this solution too, but I prefer
Linux system.

[],

Raphael