Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Question on WORM_NETSKY.P

From: "Mahaveer Saraswat" <mahaveer.s () net4india net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 05:04:46 +0530

Hi Marty

This worm gathers target email addresses from files with the following
extensions
htm/html/xml/shtm
asp/cgi/php
doc/txt/rtf
WAB (Addressbook)
eml etc

It uses the DNSQuery API imported from DNSAPI.DLL library to query the
default mail exchanger (type=MX) of the domain of the target email address.

If the first method fails, it invokes GetNetworkParams API imported from
IPHLPAPI.DLL library to acquire the local domain DNS server. It manually
queries the mail exchanger that pertains to the domain name of the target
email address.

Mahaveer saraswat
(Sr.Systems Engineer)
Net4india Ltd.