Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Stunnel from a linux box to a windows box

From: "Mortis" <m0rtis () adelphia net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 09:11:48 -0500

Has anyone tried to create a stunnel from a linux
box to a windows box?

http://www.google.com/search?q=stunnel+howto

This one at the bottom looked interesting:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LDAP-Implementation-HOWTO/

I am trying to encrypted all ldap queries to my
AD box from my linux box
using stunnel.  For some reason, I cannot get ssl
to work so this is my
last hope.

Stick with it!  I poked around and there doesn't seem to be
much info available.

I recall having a problem with this in some code.  Had to
make an extra call if AD-SSL was involved.

You may want to diagnose things from the linux box using
ldapsearch.  -v, -d and -R.

The openssl mailing list is worth a shot.  If AD is giving
out a referral, it is up to the client to chase it.

There ought to be an option in AD to chase it for you, but
if there is, I haven't found it.
--
Mortis

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html